Creating Crystal Rituals
Creating a high-vibe life involves intention. You must have the intention to bring the energies you are looking for into your life. The intentions you have create the roadmap for the actions you will take to create the life you want.
Once you have the intention (ie. “I want to romanticize my life more”, “I want to feel happier in the morning”, “I want to feel more connected to those around me”), you can then create the actions that will start to fulfill that intention. An easy way to do that is by creating rituals. By intentionally creating a process around the things that you do, you imbibe that process with your energy and your care around how you do it. This can be anything from the way you prepare your coffee in the morning to how you set up your desk at work.
You'll create more calm and focus in your life if you take just a few minutes every day to engage in something that is meaningful to you.
What Are Rituals?
Rituals have been around since ancient times. Often associated with religion, rituals are performed and used for almost anything. From seasons to holidays, birth to death, relationships, living spaces… the list goes on. You name it, someone has a ritual for it.
In modern context, rituals are often defined as a set of actions that you do on a regular basis, for a variety of reasons. Some are simple and can be done in less than an hour; others take longer to complete. Some are designed to help you relax, while others get you ready for the day.
I'm a big fan of creating daily rituals. A daily ritual is something that you do every day, and that's only a few minutes long. It can be as simple as drinking a glass of water when you get up in the morning or taking five minutes to sit quietly and reflect before going to sleep at night.
This quote says it best – “daily rituals are a selection of activities to perform daily with the intent of being mindful about the present moment and how said activity makes us feel.”
The key is making sure these habits are meaningful to you—if they aren't, then no one will stick with them long-term (and if they are meaningful), then they become part of your routine naturally.
Whether your daily rituals are large or small, they're likely to have one thing in common: They make your life easier and more enjoyable by ensuring that important tasks get done on time each day.
You may also have rituals that aren’t daily, and that aren't tied to productivity or your daily activities. Sometimes, rituals are for specific seasons, events, or just one-time things to mark an important moment. Ritual baths, altar creations, morning pages, and house cleaning can all be made into intentional practises to raise your vibrations.
Why Create A Ritual?
You might be wondering why you would want to create rituals in your life. Here are a few reasons:
- To help you feel more fulfilled and grounded
- To help you feel more relaxed
- To help you feel more connected to yourself and the world around you
- To help you feel more in control of your life
Rituals are all about intentionality, plain and simple. You do not need to create anything elaborate – just put time and attention into the small things that you experience.
How Can I Create Rituals In My Life?
Creating rituals is about finding time for yourself each and every day in order to better connect with yourself and others around you.
When you do something that is meaningful to you every day, it becomes a habit and part of your daily routine. This helps create calm and focus in your life. It's important that the ritual be something that is personal and unique to you--not something everyone else does.
Think about what would bring peace into your life on a daily basis, or what might help center yourself when things get busy or stressful at work. You could light a candle or sit quietly with an essential oil diffuser going--these are simple yet calming routines that can also help with other aspects of self-care like meditation or yoga practice as well (if those are things that interest you).
Adding Crystals Into Your Rituals
This can be as simple or as detailed as you would like it to be. For a quick crystal addition to your rituals or daily routines, just include a crystal of your choice to the physical space. For example, keep a Citrine next to you as you fill out your daily gratitude journal or do morning pages. Or, you can hold a Sodalite in one hand while stirring cream into your coffee with the other.
For more involved crystal rituals, you can add more crystals or create more opportunities to interact with them during the time. Some deeper crystal rituals to try are:
- Crystal bath or shower rituals. Create a vibey space with warm water, essential oils or salts, low light and relaxing music. Place your crystals around the bath or shower, or in the water with you providing the crystal is water safe. Visualize the energy the crystals are providing enveloping you and infusing you with their vibrations.
- Sleep rituals. Keep crystals next to your bed or under your pillow when you sleep. Before you hit snooze, you can hold the crystals or place them on your body and take a few slow, deep breaths – meshing with the crystals energy.
- Meditation rituals. This is the classic, but using crystals suring your mediation practise is a complete energetic level up when it comes to mindfulness. Hold or keep your chosen meditation crystals nearby. In meditation, hold the crystal charged space, visualize the energy around you, and invite their healing vibrations deep inside.
3 Quick Crystal Rituals To Try Today
1. Protect your home or space - Place protection crystals like Obsidian or Black Tourmaline in your home, near doors and windows. This protects negative energy from entering the home wither with guests or objects you bring into the home.
2. Infuse your day with energy - Carry a crystal that aligns with your intentions for the day with you. This can be in you pocket, bag, bra.. Whatever works for you. When you remember that you are carrying it through the day, take a moment to thank it for its energy and take a few deep breaths.
3. Crystal massage - At the end of a long day, relax tense muscle with crystals. You can get crystal wands and massagers, perfect for releasing tension and relaxing – all while receiving crystal energy.
Do you include crystals in your daily routines and rituals? Or, do you have intention and elaborate spiritual practises that include healing stones? Either way, including crystals in intentional and regular ways is an incredible way to align and uplift your life.